A mini-symposium at the ECM2024 is a special session devoted to a particular topic of current interest in mathematics. It is organized by up to three mathematicians who propose the topic and choose the participants in the mini-symposium. There can be mini-symposia of one, two or three slots, each slot consisting of two hours, divided into four 25 minute presentations with 5 minutes for discussion.
In the submission process the applicants must provide the following information:
- Name, affiliation, and publications database ID (ORCID, zbMATH, Scopus, or similar) of the organizers.
- Description of the topic.
- Up to 3 MSC2020 codes best describing the proposed topic.
- List of invited speakers, with their publications database ID (ORCID, zbMATH, Scopus, or similar).
- Number of slots requested.
The Local Scientific Committee will evaluate and choose the mini-symposia, determining also the number of slots assigned to each approved proposal. The criteria for selecting proposals will be based on scientific quality, taking into account gender and geographical diversity, and aiming for a good balance between mathematical areas.
The deadline for presenting proposals for mini-symposia for the ECM2024 will be November 30, 2023.